I shiver and shake as that time comes around again. Yes, the dreaded PDP money making racket is due for renewal. Just started the process so here are some pointers.
1. Don't think you will do this is one day (unless you have contacts)
2. You should start early as the offices close for business at 11:00 each day (open at 07:30 - short queues)
3. You now need proof of residence for this application
4. Start off by visiting the offices to collect your doctor's form (make an appointment beforehand for the check-up - about R195)
5. Then go back to the offices for the rest of the proceedure - fill in form , take your ID, photos and old driver's licence! They tried to tell me to go to Sandton office but I baulked and just changed my address - avoid putting the town/city on th eform if it is different to the office you are using).
6. Proceed to have eyes checked and fingerprints taken (depending on office). Wonderful that you have no more greasy black fingers, all electronic now.
7. Part with further bucks (about R50) for police clearance and wait 7 working days for temporary permit
8. Take receipt for Police clearance payment plus all your documents and about R400 in cash (yes the cost is mounting) back to the office
9 Forgot to mention that you also need 2 b&w drivers licence pics (can only get 4 at a time - R40)
10. Hand in everything, pay everything, wait until the second coming!
Good luck, I am still at step 7 and have ground to a halt because I didn't have step 3 and have fallen victim to step 2!
Personally I think a really good advanced drivers course in a Quantum would be far more beneficial but then again, that is way to logical isn't it?
Well, I have been back for part 3! Early morning visit with my proof of payment for Polioce Clearance firmly in hand PLUS spare pics PLUS R360.00 for costs. Half hour in the queue and I am now home with my temporary PDP and have been informed that I should try for th ereal thing again in 6 weeks time. Not to painful actually (just be sure to take the correct change and remember, no cards are accepted!!!).
Update your info
To update your information please follow this steps
1.go to SEARCH (main Menu) click users and enter your GPno.
2.Click on your GPno link when it returns
3.You are now able to see your public information
4.Click Request new password (Below Login)
5.enter your GPno or email address
6.Computer will send new password link to your email address
7.Click on link in password email
8.you will now be logged on to your details
9.change your password and keep for future reference
10. Now update all your detail and your picture (max size 85x85pxl)
To check the email in the database
1.Click Guide Search on main menu
2.Tick email under Display options
3.Find your GPno and confirm the email address that the password has been sent to.
4.If you don’t have access to the email in database please send an email to email@example.com with your name and GPno and new email and it will be reset