The new Tourism Act of 2014 has now been signed into law and has been published .
The Major issues for us as Tourist guides are the following.
1. Registration period is now 3 years
2. The clause about driverguiding with 10 or more seats have completely been removed from the ACT but will possibly come into the regulations which are to be finalised
3. With the new law we need to be SAQA compliant which is higher than Casstheta , thus universities are now also included for registration
4. The fine for an operator using unregistered Tourist Guides is pushed up to Max R100000.00
Well fellow guides keep yourself informed , all other tourism laws have been repealed
Attached is a copy for download
|Tourism Act003-2014.pdf||255.6 KB|
Update your info
To update your information please follow this steps
1.go to SEARCH (main Menu) click users and enter your GPno.
2.Click on your GPno link when it returns
3.You are now able to see your public information
4.Click Request new password (Below Login)
5.enter your GPno or email address
6.Computer will send new password link to your email address
7.Click on link in password email
8.you will now be logged on to your details
9.change your password and keep for future reference
10. Now update all your detail and your picture (max size 85x85pxl)
To check the email in the database
1.Click Guide Search on main menu
2.Tick email under Display options
3.Find your GPno and confirm the email address that the password has been sent to.
4.If you don’t have access to the email in database please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and GPno and new email and it will be reset