In partnership with Rhino and Lion Nature reserve, The Institute is having its first educational for 2020. The newly owned Rhino and Lion Nature reserve is going through a great transition phase and makeover, which includes no cub petting and is partnering with IPTGSA to host this educational. The educational is open to any registered tourist guide that wishes to upskill his/her knowledge on products in Gauteng. Members of IPTGSA will be able to earn 2 credits towards the yearly CPD.
There is no cost involved in attending this educational.
Date: Monday 20 January 2020
Venue: Thatch Café, Rhino and Lion Nature Reserve Kromdraai, Cradle of Humankind
- Arrival 09h00 – 09h30 at the Thatch Café
- Includes arrival snacks, coffee and tea
- 10h00 Departure on Mini-Game Drive to the Bothongo WonderCaves
- 11h00 – 12h00 WonderCave Tour
- 12h00 – 13h00 Mini-Game Drive
- 13h00 Lunch at the Boma
- 14h00 – General Meeting hosted by IPTGSA to update tourist guides
- After meeting Wildlife Centre and Reptile Park
- 15h00/15h30 – Departure back to the Thatch
Arrangements for the day :
- Participants will need to order a meal for lunch by completing the list on registration when arriving at the Thatch Cafe.
- Vehicles will be left at the entrance in a safe parking area (no cost)
- Educational will be done in open game drive vehicles
- Business cards will include you for a lucky prize draw that will happen during the meeting.
Please come and join the Institute on an educational to familiarise yourself with the updated product, earn CPD credits and just have a great time meeting your colleagues in the tourist guiding industry.
Please register your apology at the same link if you would like to have joined but had other commitments.
EXCO of IPTGSA